That’s basically the gambit, using the threat of muslim migrants to further your geopolitical aims.
Do take note, he’s (Erdogan) not appealing to the UN for increased aid relief to help with the surge of people coming into Turkey, no, he’s singling out the EU for money, direct money, to keep him from opening the floodgates.
Deal on migrants crisis delayed AGAIN: Brussels talks end without breakthrough after Turkey demanded EU double its €3bn offer
European council president, Donald Tusk, centre, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, left, and President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, right, speak at a press conference in Brussels revealing no deal has been reached
- Talks in Brussels over deal with Turkey to return thousands of migrants end without breakthrough
- Another summit has been arranged for March 17 with all sides hopeful an agreement can be reached
- Turkey has today demanded an additional three billion euros to help stem the flow of refugees into Europe
- It comes just months after an initial three billion was granted, which Turkey complains it has yet to receive
- Martin Schulz, European Parliament chief, said he would accept the demand but it would not be a ‘blank cheque’
- Meanwhile, Hungary has slashed refugees’ subsidies and drastically reduced the space given to them in centres
- And David Cameron has declared there is ‘no prospect’ of Britain joining a common European Union asylum system
- He claimed Britain would be affected by the migrant crisis even if it votes to leave the European Union in June
A deal to try to bring about an end to the migrant crisis affecting Europe has been delayed again after talks in Brussels could not achieve a breakthrough.
European leaders said they had reached the outlines for a possible deal with Ankara to return thousands of migrants to Turkey and said they were confident a full agreement could be reached at a summit next week.
It comes after it was announced Turkey is seeking an extra three billion euros in aid under a deal with the EU to curb the flow of migrants to the continent, as revealed by European Parliament head Martin Schulz.
NOTE: Martin Schultz and whole host of others running the EU are “former” marxists. If they object to be called marxists too bad, but in any case, they’re statists which is just as bad.