Could have been any one of these……….
Master bombmaker who posed as migrant and attacked Paris last year is now chief suspect in Belgian atrocity as police swoop on home district
- Najim Laachraoui, 24, is thought to have made bombs in Brussels attack
- He has also used the alias Soufiane Kayal fake documents to rent flat
- His DNA was found in safe house used to plan the Paris attacks
- Stopped by Austria-Hungary border guards in a rented car on September 9
- Belgian Prosecutor hunting Laachraoui after he travelled to Syria in 2013
- See more on the Brussels attack at www.dailymail.co.uk/BrusselsAttacks
Belgian authorities are raiding the neighbourhood of the bombmaker thought to be behind November’s Paris attacks as experts say he may have designed the explosives that killed at least 31 people today in Brussels.
Najim Laachraoui, 24, is also suspected of being responsible for the bombs used in the Paris massacre after it was revealed his DNA was found on suicide belts used in the Bataclan Theatre and the Stade de France.
Laachraoui reportedly travelled to Syria in February 2013 and was stopped by guards at the Austria-Hungary border on September 9 last year while driving a rented Mercedes he shared with Salah Abdesalam, according to the Belgian Federal Prosecutor.