They should take every last one of those weapons and hand them over to Christians in Nigeria who are being persecuted by the same kind of scum that the weapons were headed to.
Australian navy seize an arsenal of weapons including AK-47 assault rifles and rocket propelled grenade launchers from a fishing vessel bound for Somalia
The Australian Defence Force seized these weapons, including 1989 AK-47 assault rifles from a fishing vessel which was boarded off the coast of Oman last Wednesday
- Australian Navy ship seized huge cache of weapons
- They seized it from a fishing vessel bound for Somalia
- Darwin intercepted the ship about 313km off the coast of Oman
- It exposes a possible violation of a UN Security Council arms embargo
- The vessel was stateless and was carrying 1989 AK-47 assault rifles
Last Wednesday HMAS Darwin’s boarding team uncovered and seized a large weapons cache, following a boarding of a fishing vessel during their deployment to the Middle East region as part of Operation MANITOU.
Darwin intercepted the fishing vessel approximately 170 nautical miles (313 kilometres) off the coast of Oman to conduct a flag verification boarding.