Just imagine the public outrage that would ensue over Joseph Goebbels being on a similar mission during WWII, and treated like royalty by ethnic Germans in the UK.
Islamic hate preacher who recruited ISIS poster girls travelled through Europe ‘like a popstar on tour as he brainwashed teenagers’
Tejma’s ‘main message was that Islam needed to be spread to the world through jihad,’ a prosecutor said. He added that Ebu Tejma was travelling through Europe ‘like a popstar on tour’.
- Mirsad Omerovic aka Ebu Tejma is on trial in Austria
- Recruited Samra Kesinovic and Sabina Selimovic, who became public face of jihad
- He was also involved in 166 defections of European youngsters to ISIS
- Had YouTube channel aimed at Muslims aged between 14 and late twenties
- See full news coverage on ISIS at www.dailymail.co.uk/isis
An alleged Islamic hate preacher reported to have been the terror mastermind who recruited the Austrian jihad ‘poster girls’ and more than 160 others was travelling Europe ‘like a popstar on tour’, a court heard.
Mirsad Omerovic, 34, known by the Islamic name of ‘Ebu Tejma’, was arrested in November last year at the council flat he shared with his pregnant wife and five children.
Authorities believe Omerovic, originally from Bosnia now on trial in Austria’s southern city of Graz, recruited Samra Kesinovic, 17 and Sabina Selimovic, 16, who became the public face of jihad.
He was also involved in a further 166 defections of European youngsters to fight in holy war.
Poster girls: Samra Kesinovic, 17, (left) and Sabina Selimovic, 16, (right) became radicalised through the cell led by Ebu Tejma