One culture meets up with another…….
UPDATE: via Alastontotuus: He was caught because he became FB friends with the fast thinking woman after raping her.
IL: Facebook revealed
When the man was done with his deed, he got up and left Virpi cold among the branches.
– I told him that he could at least help me up. So he did. I tried to pretend that everything was ok. He seemed to be a little ashamed.
– I showed that he dropped his cell phone. The man was delighted, took it and asked, “Facebook”?. He suggested that would become friends, Virpi smirked.
All in the middle of the shock Virpi understood that in this way she could get information on him.
– I typed my name in his cell phone and immediately we became “friends”. I said bye, and I went to drag myself to the nearby Töölö police station. Someone passer-by came to bring me there. I rang the doorbell and went into police portection.
According to Virpi the police immediately took the situation seriously. The woman’s mobile phone now had information and images of the rapist, “Facebook guy”. Images transmitted immediately to other police patrols.
– The cops took me with him, and we started to walk around the neighborhood to see if rapist was around. And not long before, when the news came that the man had been caught behind Finlandia Hall , Virpi says.
The arresting patrol brought the suspect to be identified.
– He was, says Virpi. IL
20-year-old Iraqi citizen was charged at the Helsinki District Court accused is a case of rape in Hesperia Park.
The 20-year-old man was accused last November of aggravated rape in Hesperia park in Töölö, Helsinki. The incident happened early in the morning between 4 am and 4.30am. in the outdoors.
The accused is a 20-year-old man, who came to Finland as an asylum seeker last fall shortly before the Hesperia Park incident. According to the district court, the man is an Iraqi citizen.
The charge of aggravated rape was read in the Helsinki District Court on Thursday. The suspect did not disguise his face at the beginning of the court hearing, but kept his head bowed.
The victim is a young woman who was in court at assistant attorney, Janne Nyman’s, request, the court ruled that the proceedings will be behind closed doors. Similarly, Nyman, on behalf of the woman, asked that her name be kept anonymous in due course of the judgment.
– It’s suitable for the judgment be made public, Nyman said.
The accused 20-year-old did not say anything during a brief session in public interest. Nor is the defense’s position on the prosecution to be heard in public.