What could go wrong…..?
Nigel Farage warned exactly this in his speech to EU (fake) parliament last year.
5,000 ISIS jihadists at large in the EU: Europol boss warns huge numbers of terrorists have slipped back into European capitals after being trained in Iraq and Syria
Threat: Head of Europol, Rob Wainwright (pictured), has warned that the agency expects ISIS-trained jihadists to ‘stage an attack somewhere in Europe with the aim of achieving mass casualties among the civilian population’
- Europol boss Rob Wainwright warned about the number of free jihadists
- Estimated between 3,000 and 5,000 fighters have slipped back into Europe
- Claimed they sneaked back after being trained by ISIS in the Middle East
- Warned ‘Europe is currently facing the highest terror threat in 10 years’
- See more news coverage on ISIS at www.dailymail.co.uk/isis
The British head of Europol has warned that as many as 5,000 ISIS-trained jihadists are wandering free in Europe.
Rob Wainwright, chief of the EU’s police agency Europol, said the agency believed between 3,000 and 5,000 jihadists have been able to slip back into Europe after training with ISIS in the Middle East.
‘Europe is currently facing the highest terror threat in more than 10 years,’ Mr Wainwright told Germany’s Neue Osnabrucker Zeitung newspaper.
‘We can expect [ISIS] or other religious terror groups to stage an attack somewhere in Europe with the aim of achieving mass casualties among the civilian population.’
He added that the increasing number ‘presents EU member states with completely new challenges’.