Kill the damn Schengen agreement, national sovereignty is more important than not showing a passport.
‘We can’t take any more!’ Germany stops ALL trains from Austria as they reintroduce border controls and temporarily suspend Schengen Agreement
Closed: Germany has today halted all trains from Austria and reintroduced border controls after temporarily suspending the Schengen Agreement to cope with a record influx of refugees, pictured arriving in Munich
- Germany has become the destination for many desperate Syrian refugees
- Munich, which has been the main entry point, is now at breaking point
- Germany has announced a reintroduction of ‘temporary’ border controls
- The move marks a dramatic shift back from Europe’s Schengen agreement
- Europe is struggling to deal with the huge influx of people fleeing violence
Germany’s open-door policy to refugees appeared to be unravelling tonight following the country’s reinstatement of border controls to curb the overwhelming influx of migrants.
Europe’s top economy halted all trains from Austria and, in an historic move, temporarily suspended the open borders Schengen agreement in response to the arrival of tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in recent days.
The decision marks a dramatic shift away from the current abolishment of passport checks throughout Europe’s Schengen zone.