Did I just read that correctly?
Iraq crisis: Isis jihadists ‘seize Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons stockpile’ – live
Latest developments and news from the Iraq crisis, as Saudi Arabia warns that Britain and US must not meddle in Iraq
• Awaiting Obama statement on Iraq
• Isis jihadists ‘seize Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility’
• Britain & US must not meddle in Iraq, says Saudi ambassador‘
• Jihadists raise black banners over Iraq’s biggest oil refinery
• Obama ‘does not need Congress to launch air strikes’
• Tweet your thoughts to @rafsanchez
21.10 We’re going to leave it there for the night. Please check our Iraqpage for the latest.
21.00 An online supporter of jihad has a quiet moment:
20.55 Buzzfeed has a little more on Obama’s aides refusing to rule out drone strikes in Syria.
“Clearly we’re focused on Iraq, that’s where our ISR [Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance] resources have surged,” the official told reporters on a conference call following President Obama’s announcement that the United States will send up to 300 military advisers to Iraq, where ISIS has taken over major cities and looks set to wage a campaign for Baghdad. “But the group ISIL operates broadly and we would not restrict our ability to take action that is necessary to protect the United States.”
More here. H/T: Buck