I got word of this from Andy while my blog was being serviced due to a massive DDOS attack.
NOTE: This is truly as sick as it gets. If memory serves me right, Obama ate these poor animals in similar conditions.
Is this the world’s most gruesome food market? Dogs, rats, bats and monkeys among the animals roasted WHOLE in Indonesia
- Dogs are flamed-roasted whole at Tomohon Traditional market in Indonesia
- Before being killed by hanging from a tree, the dogs are kept in tiny cages
- They are made to watch other dogs being killed, butchered and roasted
- Elsewhere on the market, rats, cats, monkeys and bats are killed for meat
- Dead animals are laid out on tables, with pained expressions on their faces
By JOHN HALL
PUBLISHED: 11:31 GMT, 27 February 2014 | UPDATED: 15:59 GMT, 27 February 2014
These are the shocking images of a gruesome food market where dogs are strangled by rope for food and customers can purchase whole flame-roasted animals.
The Tomohon Traditional market in North Sulawesi, Indonesia sells whole monkeys, bats, cats, dogs, pigs, rats, sloths and even giant pythons laid out on tables with painful expressions still etched on their faces.
The macabre food stalls were witnessed by Oman-based photographer and blogger, Raymond Walsh, 44, who said it was easier to witness the dead and mutilated animals than it was to see the living dogs in cages awaiting their fate.
Brutal: The dogs’ flame-roasted bodies are curled up on a floor covered in blood at the Indonesian market