Yet another example why face covering islamogarb should be banned.
Caught on camera: The moment ‘jealous student disguised in niqab stalked friend before throwing acid in her face… then taunted her online by asking: “Who looks like a horror film character now?”‘
Stalked: CCTV images shown to jurors show victim Naomi Oni, right, being followed by a woman in a niqab, alleged to be her friend Mary Konye who then doused her in acid
- Mary Konye, 21, allegedly disguised herself in Islamic veil before attack
- Naomi Oni, 21, suffered burns on her face and chest on December 30 2012
- Pair were close friends but Miss Konye was jealous of her looks, jury told
- Konye allegedly posted picture of Freddie Krueger after horrific attack
- Miss Oni cried in witness box as she described moment she was injured
- ‘I felt a massive splash on my face. I immediately felt like somebody was trying to kill me’, she said
By CLAIRE ELLICOTT
PUBLISHED: 13:57 GMT, 7 January 2014 | UPDATED: 00:08 GMT, 8 January 2014
This is the moment a university student disguised in a Muslim veil stalks her friend before throwing acid in her face, a court heard yesterday.
Mary Konye, 21, was captured on CCTV using the niqab to hide her identity as she followed her victim home, before allegedly attacking her because she was jealous of her good looks, the jury heard.
Her victim Naomi Oni, also 21, gave evidence about her ordeal yesterday, describing her shock when she was attacked late at night on a London street.