Yet another close call.
H/T: Vasarahammer & Fjordman
– I have been through many things now, so it takes a lot for me to be upset. Also, I am surrounded by people who are professional in handling the situation, says Lars Vilks.
A man in his 70s has been arrested after an alleged attack on Lars Vilks.
He went into a gallery with a submachine gun-like weapon.
– I have been through many things now, so it takes a lot for me to be upset, says Lars Vilks.
Police have cordoned off a large area around Gallery Rönnquist & Quist in Malmö after the alleged attack.
Bomb Technicians are on the way from Gothenburg.
They now have arrested the man who went at 15 o’clock to the gallery near Gustav Adolf Square in Malmö.
He was carrying a red briefcase and said he wanted to show his art.
– Those who take care of Lars Vilks said he may show the bag outside. When he opened the bag there was some kind of firearm. It looks like an old machine gun, says gallery owner Henry Rönnquist.
The guards pulled a gun
Lars Vilks bodyguards then drew guns and forced the man onto the street.
The man was arrested on the spot.
– He is suspected of illegal possession of a weapon, the investigation may then show what kind of weaponit is and if there is something else behind it, says Magnus Lefevre, duty officer at Malmö police.
The red portfolio remains at a table outside the gallery – the police suspect that it might contain a bomb.
– We can not exclude that it is a dangerous item so therefore we should let the bomb technician look at it, says Magnus Lefevre.