Expect to see more of the same in other countries where Muslim demographics reach critical mass. Also take note of the difference between this Muslim party and the traditional Christian Democrats. The latter predicates its role in public life upon Christian principles to uphold societal values and laws already in place. The former predicates its role in public life upon getting society to conform to its own values that presently society doesn’t share. Big difference folks. KGS
NOTE: Who knows, this might wake up the Left who have been using Muslim immigration as a means to bolster their own ranks.
Muslim Party Seeks Power In Dutch Parliament
FORBES: The Dutch Muslim Party has announced plans to seek seats in the Dutch Parliament. The party already has a hold in regional governments in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and other Dutch cities.
The Partij Voor Moslim Nederland (Party for Muslim Netherlands), as it calls itself when it is not referring to itself as The Dutch Muslim Party (note the strong differences in meaning), campaigns on an anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, and anti-discrimination platform. It hopes to take part in Parliamentary elections in 2015. Among its principles:
- Criminalization of blasphemy
- Free speech within limitations: speech that can be seen as insulting or offensive on religious grounds will be prosecuted.
- Damage or destruction of holy texts for any religion to be criminalized by law.
- Members of the party can also be non-Muslims.
- Women and men are to be seen as equal under the law.
- The party is to be based on the Islamic principle of Shura
- All troops must be withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan
- Turkey must immediately be made a member of the EU
- Support to Israel must be stopped
- Zero-tolerance for all drugs, including marijuana (currently tolerated under Dutch law)
- No bans shall be set against the current practice of importing poorly-educated women as brides for Dutch Muslim men
A new pamphlet outlining the party’s vision is to be published by the end of this month.