CBN Erick Stakelbeck Fort Jackson ISLAM IN THE USA Jihad

MORE ON THE POISONING OF US TROOPS AT FORT JACKSON…….

The Tundra Tabloids good friend and colleague, TINSC, gave the heads up yesterday that CBN’s Stakelbeck having stepped back from his initial headline of “CBN Exclusive: Five Muslim Soldiers Arrested at Fort Jackson in South CarolinatoUpdate: Five Muslim Soldiers Questioned at Fort Jackson in South Carolina.” But the gist of the story remains the same. Stakelbeck delivers the following updated report:

Fort Jackson: The Latest

This morning, I spoke to Army CID spokesman Christopher Gray and learned more details about a possible poisoning plot that I first reported here yesterday after CBN confirmed with Patrick Jones of Fort Jackson’s Public Affairs Office and a reliable source with intimate knowledge of the investigation. Here is the latest on what we do know.
According to Gray, the Army is investigating allegations that a group of soldiers from the 09 Lima program (more on that later in this post) at Fort Jackson–which is based in South Carolina–had talked about poisoning food in the base’s mess hall. The men were questioned about two months ago, around Christmas. Gray said that to protect the integrity of the investigation, he could not comment further. He stressed that the investigation is “open and continuing.”
CBN News also spoke to a Department of Homeland Security official with knowledge of the investigation who wished to remain anonymous. The official confirmed that the investigation was ongoing and said that someone in the Lima 09 program overheard five Muslim colleagues talking about poisoning food at the base. The person then reported the men, who were brought in for questioning.
The DHS official stressed that after the terrorist massacre at Fort Hood, the Army is taking a zero tolerance policy towards any potential threatening statements and is now extremely sensitive about any allegations in that regard.
Terrorism expert Patrick Poole, an anti-terrorism consultant for the U.S. military and law enforcement, told CBN News that “if this incident had become public in late December while the military was still working on the Ft. Hood report it would have no doubt been catastrophic. What exactly happened at Ft. Jackson and why is this only coming out now? That’s a question that Congress should be asking. “
“As noted in the Washington Times last month,” Poole continued. “My colleagues and I have been warning of jihadist threats – both external and internal – for several years. The Pentagon has entirely ignored us and the Ft. Hood report released last month is evidence of the culture of willful blindness that wants to pretend this threat doesn’t exist. Regardless of how the Ft. Jackson incident is resolved, it demonstrates that this threat is not going away.”
I spoke today to Army spokesman Christopher Garver, who said the five men are not currently in custody. He was unclear whether the men who were questioned were U.S.citizens. And that brings us to another interesting wrinkle to this story.

2 Responses

  1. Thank you for the update, KGS.

    I was alarmed Friday when I saw that the CBN article's headline had changed since you originally posted the article.

    I agree with you that the original gist of the article remains the same as the investigation in ongoing.

  2. Dear Mr.Stakelbeck,
    Is your father,by any chance,Jay Stakelbeck-formerly in D Company,1st. Bn.,101st Airborne Division?
    If so-your dad and I were friends in the 101st,and,if so,please give your dad my e-mail address and ask him to drop me a message.I’d like to hear from him after all these years.
    I have listened to your excellent reporting on Michael Savage and have always wondered if you were my friend’s son(?)
    Best regards,
    John A. Morrow
    .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *