the cease fire started to break down when the ISRAELI ARMY did something,
Hamas is not a terrorist organization but full of “fighters”,
it is only “according to the Israeli army” that the tunnel they destroyed “had been used for operations across the border” , and
whatever it was used for, it was only “operations”.
It cannot be clearer than that.TT: I agree, the report typically leaves out the finer details, down plays the Israelis as a credible source, while accentuating the role Israel plays in trying to stop the Islamonazis from trying abduct its soldiers. For the biased rag, The Helsingin Sanomat, anything that Israel does or doesn’t due, is responsible for any outbreak in violence.The HS also trots out the tired canard that Gaza is running out of supplies, giving the highly politicized faux human rights group, Amnesty International, (of which there is never any criticism they’re human rights group which = good, trustworthy) the opportunity to hype up the situation in order to break the blockade that both Egypt and Israel and the international community is maintaining. The blockade is solely due to the intransigent position taken by Islamist supremacist terrorist group, Hamas, that refuses to recognize Israel as a sovereign Jewish state, and that peaceful negotiations are the only avenue to a two state solutionAll this of course is lost on the Helsingin Sanomat, that would rather depict the situation in Gaza as …dire and near starvation. Yeah right. Notice the dire look of the Gazan Arab searching his cell phone in a local grocery store.
Here is how a factual reporting of the same situation is done, this time by the International Herald Tribune The Helsingin Sanomat could take some lessons from the IHT on how it’s done.
Cease-fire in Gaza Strip unravels
JERUSALEM: Tensions between Hamas, the radical Palestinian rulers of Gaza, and Israel increased markedly on Friday after Hamas fired a barrage of rockets into southern Israel, sending 18 Israelis to the hospital with shock and mild injuries.
Hamas officials said the attack was revenge for the deaths over the past 11 days of 11 militants and the recent increased Israeli closure of Gaza crossings. They said that while they wanted to continue the five-month-old truce with Israel, it seemed to them that Israel did not and if that was the case, Israel would pay the consequences.
Israeli officials, who say they have been keeping the crossings into Gaza shut in retaliation for the rockets, thereby greatly decreasing the supply of supplies and fuel, said it was Hamas that was breaking the truce. Senior Israeli officials met in Tel Aviv on Friday and vowed not to back down from any provocation.
The confrontations, following five months of relative calm, began to spike earlier this month when the Israeli military destroyed a tunnel being dug toward Israel. The army feared that the tunnel would be used to seize an Israeli soldier as a bargaining chip, like Corporal Gilad Shalit, held by Hamas for more than two years.
The Israelis said it was a one-off operation, not a violation of the ceasefire agreed to in June, and asked Egypt to pass that message to Hamas in advance. But six Hamas militants were killed during the tunnel’s destruction, leading Hamas to retaliate with rockets, which led to more closures and operations and then more rockets.